Thanks travel blogger 2kidsnoitinerary.com for reading our blog and nominating us for the Liebster Blogging Award!
We were challenged to answer eleven questions, so here we go:
1. Why is family travel important to you?
We think TRAVEL is important, and have done so extensively, throughout our lives. Naturally, now that we have a child as part of our family, we include him in our explorations.
2. Have you traveled anywhere with your family that you wouldn’t recommend?
No, we have not travelled anywhere that we wouldn’t recommend at all, though there are times, travelers, and places that make for a bad match. For example, mountain climbing with grandma, or taking a toddler to a quiet theatre, may not be a good match of the traveler with the place.
3. Favorite family vacation?
Fiji! When our boy was just over a year, we spent a week on a Fijian island! The Fijians fussed over the baby, had fresh fruit in abundance, and there was a sandbox as far as you could see. It was a great trip for both parents and child.
4. Best family travel memory?
Driving across the USA to see as many baseball games in as many different baseball parks as possible in 2 weeks.
5. Any embarrassing travel moments?
Spilling a drink on an airplane, across both Boy and Mom, and then having to wear the clothes, wet in embarrassing places for both of us, while we left the plane and claimed luggage.
6. Do you travel without children anymore?
Rarely. We have snuck off for a couple days while Boy visits with grandparents, but those outings tend to be short and close by.
7. Any family travel packing tips to share?
Pack things easy to wash in a sink and quick to dry. Jeans take days to dry when the weather is humid and there is no dryer.
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
We wanted to record our travels and allow family and friends to keep track of us as we roamed the globe. Though it seems hard for us to imagine, we have now spent the entire summer traveling. Boy’s friends in the US are back to school, and even here in Europe, the summer holidays are coming to an end. Now that we have completed nearly three months of travel, we have a chance to look back and see what we have learned
9. How far in advance do you plan your family travel?
We are on the road for about a year. The general outline was decided by our Round the World airline ticket, but the details we plan about 3 weeks at a time.
10. Where is your next trip planned to?
We are going to Madrid , Spain and then South Africa.
11. Where would you rather be today?
Nowhere else. I am with my family, in a new city, and we are exploring at our own pace.
Who do you nominate?
I nominate http://notsosahm.com
Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain.
The Liebster Award Rules are as follows:
· Thank the blogger who gave it to you including a link back to their website
· Answer the eleven questions they ask you
· Nominate bloggers with less than 500 followers
· Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain
· Ask eleven questions –
Why is family travel important to you?
What does road schooling mean to you?
How would you describe your goals for your child’s education?
Favorite family vacation?
Best family travel memory?
Any embarrassing travel moments?
Any family travel packing tips to share?
What inspired you to start your blog?
How far in advance do you plan your family travel?
Where is your next trip planned to?
Where would you rather be today?